About Me

header ads

Denim Vs Leather...Which Is MORE Stylish? | Battle of The Jackets

 Denim Vs Leather...Which Is MORE Stylish? | Battle of The Jacket


Denim Vs Leather...Which Is MORE Stylish Battle
of The Jackets


All right, gents it's cold outside I need
a jacket.
I got to make a decision.
Should I go with the leather jacket or should
I go with the jean jacket?
In today's video, we've got a seven-round
fight to determine which jacket is better
- the jean jacket or the leather jacket.
[Music]
Round 1.
Fight.

The denim jacket versatility.
Versatility is the denim jacket’s middle
name.
So, this is going to match anything in your
wardrobe.
You've got light-colored chinos, dark-colored
chinos, red chinos, this is going to look
great.

You've got dress slacks.
Well, guess what?
You can wear this into the office bring in
the cool casual vibe.
It's going to work.
Now, you've got jeans, any colored jeans are
going to work with a denim jacket.
Jean is going to work with jean.
Now, you got matching here, I understand that.
You got yourself a Canadian tuxedo.
Now, let's talk about layering.
So, you could actually -- have you seen the
latest street wear out there?
You can wear this with a suit nowadays.
Just wear it right under that jacket.
It fits in there rise -- right nice.
Next up, let's look at you could actually
throw another jacket on this.
This is going to give -- you could even wear
tight fitted clothing underneath maybe got
your thermal something like that.
Guys, I'm telling you denim is where it's
at.


Versatility.

What is more versatile than leather?
Again, been around for a long time.
This simply works with casual clothing, with
formal clothing.
Yeah, you possibly pull this off with a tuxedo.
Okay, maybe that's pushing it.
But, I could wear a nice collared shirt with
a nice pair of slacks throw a leather jacket
on top, you got that casual cool vibe going
there.

When it comes to a layering, going to be a
little bit tougher I admit.
You're not going to be able to throw a jacket
over this.
Maybe you can wear one shirt maybe one -- two
shirts underneath if they fit pretty close.
But, I'll tell you guys when it comes to just
simply what's going to work in your wardrobe,
who doesn't want to throw a leather jacket
on pretty much any outfit they've got.

Round 2.
Fight.

Durability.
What are you talking about?
This comes from working where they used to
make tents out of this material, then they
decided, hey, let's recycle the tents let's
use them on jeans, let's use them on bibs,
let's use them on jackets.
This stuff right here is made to be rubbed
against.
I can tell you this is durable this is tough
made from cotton.
The only thing we have to worry about is mildew,
so don't get it wet and don't leave it wet
in a basically warm environment for a few
weeks and a time.
For as long as you don't do that, this should
be pretty darn good to go.
Durability, is this even a question?
And I know that denim jacket guy is going
to talk about, oh, I come from tent material,
I'm pretty tough.
Okay.


My history is I was used as armor.
I was deflecting sword blows.
And when you look at actually the material
here in leather, you see all of these basically
the fibers overlapped, so I've got this flexibility
with the toughness.
And let's look at what – what are bikers
wearing?
When you're riding a motorcycle and you want
to protect yourself from road rash, what do
you want to be wearing?
A denim jacket or a leather jacket?
Guys, there is no question here, everyone
is choosing leather jacket.
Why?
Because it works, because it's durable, because
it's tough.
All right, gents if you haven't picked it
up yet the leather jacket guy the denim jacket
guy, they don't see eye-to-eye in this video.
But, one place where they do see eye-to-eye,
they both can agree on is that Original Grain
is a great company.
Guys, they’re the paid sponsor of today's
video and a company I've been with for over
two years.
They make amazing watches when it comes to
mixing wood and metal.
I want you to go check out all the various
collections.

I'm going to lin
k to them down in the comments,
but go check them out.
I mean look at those beautiful collections.
Look at the Chrono Collection.
Check out that Barrel Collection.
You guys know I love the Classic Collection,
the Minimalist Collection, the Brewmaster
Collection and that Major League Baseball
Collection.
They are putting out some innovative watch,
beautiful watches that you can get at an affordable
price.
Gents, what I love most about Original Grain
is that you all love these watches.
I see you leaving reviews over on their website.
I have you guys write letters to me telling
me that you love wearing this watch and the
compliments you get the way it makes you feel.
Again, if you want to grab this, I'm linking
to it down in the description.
There's an awesome discount that you can use
down there.
And, guys, let's get back to the fight.

Round 3.

Fight.
Price.

This is going to be easy.
The denim jacket is made from cotton, one
of the most easily accessible fabrics on this
planet, totally renewable, very easy to get.
Guys, I'm telling you that is going to keep
this price down and why this jacket is such
a steal.
There's also a wide range of companies that
are making this jacket.
So, yes, you can go with the higher-end premium
brand that may cost you a few hundred dollars,
but you can still go with classic brands.
They're going to bring you a great jean jacket
if you find it on sale for easily less than
a hundred bucks.
Price.
Who cares about price?
This is going to be something that's going
to be around forever.
Yes, cry once about the price, but buy the
best that you can afford and then, you've
got a jacket which is going to get compliments
for the rest of your life.
You will want to get buried in this jacket.
What is that worth?
Guys at the end of the day, buy the best that
you can afford.
Make sure it fits it looks great on you, but
don't be afraid to spend extra for a good
leather jacket.

Round 4.

Fight.
So, this one's going to be easy.
Come on sex appeal, coolness factor belongs
with the denim jacket.
Just look at this jacket.
Beautiful.
Look at the way this thing is laid out, very
casual very much a classic design.
Women love denim because they wear it.
Men love denim because they wear it.
This is got to be one of the most popular
fabrics on the planet.
So, when it comes to coolness when it comes
to sex appeal, denim is where it's at.
Coolness factor, sex appeal, guys, this is
an easy decision.
The leather jacket is where it's at.
Look at this jacket.
It builds up my shoulders, trims up my waistline,
makes me look more masculine.
I personally have walked into bars, I've had
women approach me simply because I'm wearing
this jacket and I look great.
I mean what more evidence do you need?
But, let's go to a 2001 study at the University
of Liverpool.
They looked at all these various fabrics and
they attributed masculinity and strength number
one -- the number one fabric was leather.
Why?
We've got a history with it.
This goes back thousands of years.
We have been conditioned to see leather as
the strongest as the most masculine of all
the fabrics out there.
Round 5.
Fight.
Maintenance.
Okay.
Come on good things need to be taken care
of and the same thing with your leather jacket.
If you're going to be in the desert, you're
going to be in a place where it's really wet
like Seattle, you want to make sure to condition
and take care of the leather.
So, you want to get a nice cream maybe a maybe
a conditioner.
Once a season, put it on there.
Now, if you're going to be in an extremely
dry place, maybe twice a season.
If you're going to be an extremely wet place,
make sure not to put your leather jacket next
to anything really hot, let it dry naturally.
And then, make sure to put a balm or a lotion
right on it and that's going to be -- do a
great job of reintroducing basically moisture
into the leather.
Maintenance.
Guys, this is going to be an easy win.
So, when it comes to this jacket, it's made
from cotton, just like the jeans you can simply
throw it into the washing machine.
But, I can tell you that you don't have to
wash this very often.
Because it's like many of the jackets that
you wear, you’re simply not rubbing this
up against the ground you're not touching
anything with it, so it's going to be able
to go through multiple seasons without getting
washed.
But, guys I can tell you the maintenance on
this thing incredibly simple.
Round 6.
Fight.
Weather protection.
This is no contest, leather is where it's
at.
There – I mean it’s dense, it's flexible,
it's going to be great.
It's water-resistant, it's going to be wind-resistant.
And this is something that you put a little
bit of layer of insulation in here, it's going
to keep you warm during the winter, so no
contest, leather is where it's at.
Oh, I'm sorry leather jacket did you think
you're going to catch me with my pants down?
No, not the case.
I brought in my cousin here the Sherpa jean
jacket.
As you can see the difference is the Sherpa
jean jacket is going to have a nice soft inner
lining.
And this right here is going to insulate me,
keep me warm, and allow me to use this still
in a work wear environment.
And that’s where it really shines is going
to be insulated and keep you warm.
You want to look at a Sherpa jacket.
The only downfall of the Sherpa jacket is
going to be water resistance.
All right.
Final round.
Fight.
Tailoring and adjusting.
This is it this is the tiebreaker.
Oh, I'm about to win because I can tell you
that the jean jacket this is easy to adjust
to get tailored and you want to find one that
fits you right off the rack preferably.
And if there's a little bit of excess material
in there you possibly could let it out.
But really the jean jacket shines when you
need to bring it in.
You want to basically tighten up those sleeves,
just simply take it to a skilled seamstress
or tailor anywhere and they can slightly bring
these in.
The midsection, yes, they can bring it in.
You want to make it a little bit shorter,
it could be a little bit of work, but they
can make it happen.
Because when it comes down to it, this is,
again, just like a pair of jeans.
You want to make sure to pay attention to
proportions, the pocket placement, the button
placement, but you can adjust a jean jacket.
Tailoring and adjustments.
This is it.
I'm disappointed.
I mean at the end of the day, you simply buy
a jacket that fits you perfectly.
You go out there and you look, but you don't
compromise here because, yeah, anything good
like leather that you're going to be working
with, you have to have a skilled artisan,
a skilled tailor, a seamstress who knows how
to work with leather to make any adjustments.
So, yeah, it's hard to adjust I admit this,
but I can tell you this is an unfair fight
because when you look at this, then you just
-- come on.
This is the true winner right here.
I'm going to call -- we're going to definitely
get a rematch.
The winner by decision is going to be the
denim jacket.
And I have to admit, I was a little bit surprised.
I thought the leather jacket was going to
basically clean house, but when I looked at
all the points I'd have to say, hey, I had
to give this to the denim jacket.
My own personal preference, I'm going to be
more of a leather jacket kind of guy.
[0:09:56]
But I want to hear from you guys down in the
comments.

What do you prefer?
The leather jacket?
The denim jacket?

And what watch would you love to have with
that jacket?
So, guys go check out the paid sponsor of
today's video.
I'm linking to them down in the description.
And let me know specifically what watch you
would love to wear with what type of jacket.
But I've got a few extra watches here in the
office I would love to send your way just
let me know the exact style of the watch with
what type of jacket you would wear it and
how you would style it and how you would look
great.

And, guys, that's it.
Take care.
I appreciate you.
I appreciate what we build here at Real Men
Real Style.